Position Purpose: Responsible for maintaining financial records and handles other responsibilities in accounting, finance, tax reporting and budgeting. Position specializes in business accounting and ensures financial records comply with various local and federal regulations, laws and policies.
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Performs routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Reviews, codes and verifies transactions and journal entries.
- Conducts monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Perform Month End / Year End Close
- Reconcile payroll entries and weekly tax deposits
- Prepare, run and reconcile quarterly payroll tax returns / tax deposits
- Run appropriate Payroll reports for distribution
- Perform daily banking review, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Prepare and process annual tax returns, franchise tax returns and annual gift letters
- Perform profit sharing financial reporting and annual audit
- Conduct annual accounting, finance and budgetary audits
- Review, update and maintain Job-cost budgeting
- Prepare Finance Analytics for departmental / corporate meetings
- Prepare accounting and related financial procedure memorandums
- Serve as backup support for various departments, i.e., payroll, payables
- Maintain Accounting documents filing
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 3 -5 years of prior accounting experience to include general ledger, tax reporting/close out preferred
- Strong computer literacy, e.g. Excel, Word, Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
- Strong analytical and financial acumen
- Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to maintain information that is confidential in nature
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field preferred; M.B.A. a plus
- CPA Certification or CPA candidate preferred
- Previous experience as a corporate accountant preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688