ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY. DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING IN-PERSON APPLICATIONS OR INQUIRIES.
Position Purpose: Responsible for overseeing and directing the technical and administrative aspects of highway construction projects. This position requires proper knowledge of estimating, planning and controlling the costs associated with construction projects
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Monitors construction schedules and future projections.
- Budget overview and spending track reporting.
- Review and approve/reject invoices weekly.
- Prepare construction plans and cost estimates.
- Produces and manages documents for commercial construction projects.
- Complete permit application processes for construction start-ups.
- Conduct routine tests on procedure to ensure legal compliance.
- Maintains knowledge on all contract terms and legal requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, electrical engineering, construction management or related technical field required.
- One or two (1-2) years of experience in a construction industry preferred.
- Experience with survey equipment, computer-aided drafting and design modeling software.
- Knowledge of commercial construction processes and technical skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Minimum workweek will be 40 hours with extra time as required to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Working in an office environment while working on a computer.
- May be required to travel to job sites on occasion. Job site conditions will vary depending on type of work being performed; however, employee may be exposed to dust and noise while on a job site.
- Wearing protective apparel, such as boots and hard hats.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Profit Sharing
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Third Party resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of MICA Corporation. Recruiting/Staffing firms may not contact hiring managers directly.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688