Position Purpose: Provide skilled work in the assembly, testing, installation, repair, operation, and maintenance of highway electronic equipment, networks and other communication systems.
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Assemble, test, install, repair, operate, and maintain electronic equipment and systems
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment
- Adjust or replace defective circuitry or electronics components, using hand and power tools
- Demonstrate solid computer skills including knowledge of IP networks
- Read and comprehend schematics and wire lists
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Complete assigned work within given timeframes to meet project deadlines
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Associates Degree in Electronics with 2-3 years as an Electronics Technician preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of systems integration and assembly
- Must be willing to travel extensively when needed throughout the State of Texas
- Excellent technical ability and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective oral communication skills
- Have a Texas Class C Driver’s License & Motor Vehicle Record with minimal infractions
- Willing and able to pass physical examination and drug and alcohol screenings
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and nights as needed
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Majority of work is performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions on construction sites
- Work includes heavy lifting (typically up to 50-100 lbs.)
- Exposure to noise, fumes, vibrations and heights
- Exposure to prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, crawling and climbing
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688