Type of Work: Construction
Position: Horizontal Directional Drilling Crew Leader
Location: Houston, TX
Industry: Specialty Highway Construction
Labor Type: Working Foreman
Type of Employment: Non-Exempt, Full-time, at will.
Compensation: Hourly, Benefits, Per Diem, Paid Vacation
Duties & Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Proficiency in operating a Vermeer D24-40 Directional Drill, and Falcon F-2 locator.
- Hold daily toolbox safety talks with crews at the beginning of the day.
- Conduct a JHA (Jobsite Hazard Analysis) each day with entire crew.
- Being able to effectively communicate and set expectations for the crew.
- Being able to effectively communicate with locating companies, other crew leaders, other contractors, and any other persons working on the job-site in order to establish clearly defined expectations and game plans.
- To monitor, train, teach, and coach team in order to develop team members to become more successful.
- Conduct inspections on all crew’s equipment, and vehicles and ensure that the equipment is appropriately cared for.
- Ensure that appropriate safety precautions are always taken. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Ensure that Production Reports are filled out correctly and submitted daily.
- Ensure that the crew is equipped daily with appropriate materials, safety supplies, PPE, and equipment each day.
- Being able to read blue prints
- Assisting in loading & unloading of equipment and supplies needed to complete the job.
- Hand digging with shovels, post hole diggers, jackhammer, and picks.
- Exposing underground utilities by hand or Vectron to ensure machine operators safety.
- Place conduit / cable, or pipe in trenches, splice conduit sections, install couplers, place anchors, pedestals, ground boxes, etc. to complete construction tasks.
- Maintain the corporate ‘operator care’ standards, daily, to ensure that equipment and vehicles are clean and properly maintained, as well as inspecting the machinery.
- Ensure that crew truck is kept in good order, properly stocked, and easily assessable.
- Ability to travel as needed, staying in hotels
- Be able to pass a drug test and have a clean driver’s license.
- Be able to acquire your CDL medical card without restrictions.
- Available to work overtime or at night when required.
- Willing & able to work in all types of climates, temperatures, seasons, weather, and topography as required.
- Be able & willing to perform all physical tasks required throughout the work day.
- Lift weights up to 100lbs.
- always wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) including, safety vest, hard-hat, protective eyewear, gloves, ear plugs, dust mask, and steel toed boots.
- Ensure that safety cones, lights, and appropriate vehicle flagging, and lane closure precautions are met.
- Hand load rods.
- Prepare tooling for product install.
- Check oil level, tire pressure, other fluids (including hydraulic), grease points on all equipment and vehicles daily
- Organize tools, toolbox, trailer and replenish stock daily for preparation.
- Set fire extinguisher alongside the drill on every job-site.
- Ensure work zone and equipment is free of garbage and debris.
- Class A CDL or willing to acquire one
- CPR/ First Aid Certification
- AED training
- 2-5 years HDD experience.
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688