Midtown Express Project
The Midtown Express Project will increase the capacity by adding one TEXpress (toll managed) lane in each direction and reconstruct portions of State Highway (SH) 183, SH 114 and Loop 12.
The Midtown Express project will be built with an interim and an ultimate phase. SouthGate Constructors is responsible for the $847 million “interim” phase portion of the project only. The interim construction is scheduled to reach completion in 2018. The ultimate project will be built in the next 15 to 20 years or when funding becomes available.
- SH 183 from SH 121 to I-35E: 14.8 miles.
- SH 114 from SH 183 to International Parkway: 10.5 miles.
- Loop 12 from SH 183 to I-35E: 2.5 miles.
- Reconstruct portions of frontage roads.
- Reconstruct portions of general purpose lanes.
- Construct one TEXpress (toll managed) lane in each direction.*
- *Construct one TEXpress lane westbound on SH 114 from SH 161 to International Parkway.
- Interim construction start: SH 114 construction started early 2015. SH 183 construction will begin mid- to late- 2015.
- Interim substantial completion (anticipated): 2018
- Approximately 28 miles of roadway that spans 5 Cities and 2 counties.
- 44 rehabilitated bridges
- 28 new bridges
- 4 direct connectors