Reports to: Jr. Foreman and/or Foreman
Position Purpose: To transport equipment and/or materials to jobsites and work within a crew on highway construction projects.
- Haul, operate, load and unload construction equipment
- Inspect truck for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips
- Operate hand and power tools of all types
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction
- Help to maintain a clean and safe job site
- Performs other related and non-related duties as assigned
- Hold and maintain a valid Class A or B Texas commercial drivers license
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check with minimal infractions
- Willing and able to pass a physical examination
- Willing and able to pass drug and alcohol screenings
- Must be able to travel and work overtime, weekends and nights as needed
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Work is performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Work includes heavy lifting (typically up to 50-100 lbs.)
- Exposure to noise, fumes, vibrations and heights
- Exposure to prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, crawling and climbing
Apply online or e-mail résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688