Position Purpose: The Utility 1 will perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor on highway construction projects site.
Reports To: Jr. Foreman and/ or Foreman
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Employment Type: Regular, Full-Time
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Operate hand and power tools of all types.
- Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors.
- Load and unload construction equipment
- Dig trenches, backfill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction.
- Set up traffic control devices such as cones, signs, and barricades.
- Help to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Perform other related and non-related duties as assigned.
- Regular and timely attendance
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant construction experience
- Experience operating basic construction equipment.
- Hold and maintain a valid Texas driver’s license.
- Must pass a Motor Vehicle Record check with minimal infractions.
- Willing and able to pass a physical examination.
- Willing and able to pass drug and alcohol screenings.
- Must be able to travel and work overtime, weekends and nights as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of relevant construction experience
- Work is performed outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Work includes heavy lifting (typically up to 50-100 lbs. with assistance)
- Exposure to noise, fumes, vibrations, and heights
- Exposure to prolonged periods of standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, crawling, and climbing.
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
MICA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States. MICA Corporation will not sponsor or transfer visas for US work authorization.
MICA Corporation participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program.
E-Verify, an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration, allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
Newly hired employees will be required to provide legally acceptable proof of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
E-Verify is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Learn more at E-Verify website or call 1-800-255-7688